Wednesday, July 18, 2012

10.) Cat-On-His-Head Guy

I remember one day, standing in front of Staples in Union Square, quite frustrated with an issue regarding my bank, when a man walked by with a cat sitting on top of his head. No matter how frustrated, angry, exhausted, or sad you may be, a cat pleasantly sitting atop a man's head will surely brighten your day. It certainty did mine. 

Now, I am a cat owner, and I can tell you for certain that getting a cat to do that is some accomplishment. I'd love to know the training process involved in getting a cat to do this.

This man, who's name I do not know, even though an extensive research process (I clicked 3 links in the first page of Google results) did not wield any answers, deserves every dime he gets for this incredible feat. I guess he makes his money by walking around Union Square (or elsewhere. I'm not quite sure) and asking people to give him a dollar to take a picture. Not a bad racket.

 Now, I'm pretty stingy when it comes to giving strangers money, but this guy easily got a dollar out of me. Well done, sir.



Image Property of HERE 

By Joe Lankheet

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe,
    Pam from New Zealand here!
    Loved reading this blog article.

    The man with his 'thinking cat on' is Charlie Perito, who likes to parade around town with his cat, Nicholas, on his head.
    The story is here:
    http://gothamist.com/2011/10/20/photos_men_wearing_cats_on_their_he.php#photo-1

    ReplyDelete