Wednesday, August 15, 2012

28.) Ninja New York

Quick! Name one themed restaurant you absolutely LOVE... I'll give you a minute.

Well, here's one you may like: Ninja New York. Not to be outdone by the likes of Johnny Rocket's and Medievel Times, Ninja New York decided to take classic Japanese dining and give it a twist: have dudes dressed as ninjas pop out and scare patrons. Now, I've never been there, because I'm poor and don't enjoy eating Japanese food while being startled (I know, I'm weird), but everyone seems to love this place. Why? I have no God damn idea.

You're looking to pay about $50 - $75 per person for dinner, there are ninjas constantly jumping out of nowhere and scaring you, and magicians come to your table and perform tricks, like an adult Chuck E. Cheese. I find it to be a classic tourist trap, as no New Yorker would ever call this "their place." We like our places laid-back, interesting, and lacking in Ninjas.

By Joe Lankheet

No comments:

Post a Comment