Friday, July 20, 2012

12.) Big Soda Ban

Here's a fine example of modern-day Stalinism (disclaimer: I don't actually know Joseph Stalin's opinion on large, sugary drinks). Recently, Mayor Bloomberg proposed a ban on any sugary beverage larger than 16 ounces, particularly soda.

I don't know about you, but after a hard day of work, I like to go home, relax, and down 64 ounces of Dr. Pepper. Mr. Bloomberg, though, has made it his mission to destroy the one last thing in my life that makes me happy. I mean, it's not heroin, for God's sake!

All editorializing aside, the people of New York are not pleased. Businesses, restaurants, food carts, and fat people are all up in arms, fighting the legality of such a ban, which still needs approval from the Board of Health. They say it will have a devastating effect on their business.

At least I can still get a Baconator...

Helpful Hint: Don't tell Bloomberg I told you this, but I found a loophole in the system: just buy 2 sodas.

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment