Thursday, July 26, 2012

18.) Water-Only Cafe

I'm proud to say I'm a New Yorker. If anyone wants to take shots at my city, I will defend it to the death. But here's one thing about New York that makes me a little sad to say I live here: a cafe that serves water. "Water, and what else?" Nothing. Just fucking water.

It's called "Molecule" and they serve tap water for $2.50 a glass. Sure, they run it through a 7-step purification process with magnets and UV lights and shit, but it's still just tap water. You know how much I pay for tap water? Nothing. New York City is known for having some of the best tasting tap water in the country, but even if that's not good enough for you, just buy a goddamn Brita filter. I hate people sometimes.

Oh, and for $1 extra, you can add vitamins and minerals, but, you know, who gives a shit?

By Joe Lankheet

No comments:

Post a Comment