Sunday, July 15, 2012

3.) Dollar Pizza

I remember when I first moved to the city, I was so poor that toilet paper felt like a luxury item. So, you can imagine my surprise and delight when I found out that there are numerous places around the city that sell a slice of pizza for $1. I nearly fainted. Now, don't get me wrong, this pizza is no culinary masterpiece, but it's hot, made of bread, sauce, and cheese, and doesn't taste so bad when all your worldly fortune can be jingled in your hand.

There are several different places that sell the dollar slices, but, in my opinion, 2 Bros. is the best. They have the most locations (two of which are separated by a single store front on St. Mark's Place) and produce fairly decent slices. What's your favorite dollar slice place?

Fun Fact: Dollar pizza is often lovingly described as "Poverty Pizza."

By Joe Lankheet

1 comment: