Monday, July 30, 2012

21) Lincoln Correctional Facility

When people hear "correctional facility in NYC," they usually think of Riker's Island. But they've probably never heard of Lincoln Correctional Facility, a minimum-security prison located at 31 West 110th Street. What's interesting about that address? 110th Street is also known as "Central Park North," the street that borders Central Park on the north side. That means this "prison" overlooks Central Park, a view most people pay millions of dollars for. You know what my view is when I look out my window? A brick wall. These inmates have a better view than me. Wow...

Lincoln Correction Facility is a 408-bed prison - former home to the Young Women's Hebrew Association. It's facade remains the same as when it was built in 1914. Anyone walking by would have no idea that criminals were being kept inside, save for the copious amount of cameras and large, fenced-in roof.

With that view, I guess crime sometimes does pay...

By Joe Lankheet

Image Source

Also, for your enjoyment, my view...
(Click to Enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment